Selvage:

ON THE EDGE OF LANGUAGE

Monday, February 9, 2009

Completely Tickled. On My Chinny-Chin-Chin.

So, yesterday I entered this.

And, today, I humbly--and here I think of Wilbur--accept my award: one pound of Bristol Farms very best butcher counter bacon, hand-delivered by the contest's gracious host.

Woohoo! I'm having a bacon party!

I've never quite won an award like this for my poetry. I can't wait to inform my long-suffering husband that--despite his protestations to the contrary--my chosen career path can indeed bring home the bacon.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. "Pastries for a salt-toothed girl." It's pretty irresistible. So simple yet so evocative and precise. Can I give you the bacon at the breakfast? It will in March during my spring break (I teach at CSULA). I have to figure out when our group grading day is before I can set a specific date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bacon poem is delicious.

    I am all about appropriation.

    I was excited to see Blue Wind.

    I want to write an oulipo.

    I can't seem to do something right when commenting on your blog. All of
    my comments have disappeared. I just wanted to let you know I am
    reading and appreciating.

    : )

    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon poetry is rekindling my love affair with the written word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete